You don't give someone an aerial photograph when they need to know where someplace is, you give them a map. Maps are accurate but simplified renditions of a place, and that's the example we follow with 3D Road Map to Congenital Heart Disease.
This educational app introduces congenital heart defects using visuals that practically anyone and everyone can look at and readily understand. Supplementary text provides simple descriptions at a glance along with more detailed information for those who desire it.
- Aortic Stenosis
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Atrioventricular Septal Defect
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the Great Arteries (D-Type)
- Ventricular Septal Defect
This app is meant for anyone with a family member affected by these forms of congenital heart disease, students with an interest in CHD, or for doctors who may want to easily explain these defects to their patients.
- Allows you to interact with fully animated 3D models to look at these heart defects from any angle
- Shows and describes the anatomy of affected hearts and how they differ from a healthy heart
- Illustrates how the defect anatomy changes the flow of blood, and describes what happens to the heart as a result
- Outlines treatment options and visually demonstrates the procedures
- Convenient screen capture saves directly to your Pictures
- Developed under the guidance of medical professional, Stephen P. Sanders, MD