Improve your reading skills!
8th Grade Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension is the most advanced reading comprehension tool in the App Store. Designed for classroom use as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• This collection of 10 original stories was written specifically for this app
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 6-10 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 8th grade level
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
Peekaboo Studios reading passages have been written by award winning authors, teachers, and Pulitzer Prize nominees specifically for our apps.
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 8th Grade:
• Read and comprehend literary nonfiction at the high end of the grades 6-8 text complexity band independently and proficiently
• Determine a theme or central idea of a text
• Cite the textual evidence that most strongly supports an analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these."
Non-Fiction topics include:
• Alessandro Volta
• Apollo 11
• Jesse Owens
• Honey Bees
• The Washington Monument
• J.K. Rowling
• Mesa Verde National Park
• George Foster Peabody
• Marie Antoinette
• The Golden Gate Bridge
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
Discover our apps for 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, and 8th Grade to practice math, vocabulary, and language arts skills. Peekaboo Studios apps follow the US National Common Core standards for K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7, and K8.
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com
-- CONTACT --
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/PeekabooApps
* Twitter: @PeekabooApps
* Website: http://peekaboo.mobi
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 12+
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary