The Action Camera Toolbox controls action cameras from different companies, including GoPro, Ricoh, and Xiaomi. The app offers live preview, multi-camera support, and a powerful scripting language, which gives you full control over the camera settings. Now you can write your own scripts for instance for exposure/focus bracketing, time-lapse, event driven scripts, etc.
!!! Import - Read before download !!!
The app ships with a free virtual camera device which you can use for playing around with the app and test the scripting language. Real cameras are available as one-time in-app-purchases. Please take also a look at the "Model information" section on http://www.tequnique.com/acthelp for device specific information (not all action cameras support everything!).
+++ Supported models +++
- GoPro Hero 2 (with Wifi bacpac), Hero 3 (White/Silver/Black), Hero 3+ (Silver/Black), Hero 4 (Silver/Black), Hero 5, Hero Session, and Hero+.
- Ricoh Theta m15 and Theta S.
- Xiaomi Yi and Yi 4K.
- In-device/system camera (e.g. front/back camera).
+++ App features +++
- Change settings, start recording, change camera power state*, etc.
- Live preview*.
- Control multiple action cameras at the same time (including preview)*. This feature is currently only supported by Xiaomi Yi and Yi 4K and requires manual work.
- Download media from the camera to your device*.
- Presets allow you to store different, and fast accessible sets of camera settings.
*Note: The app features vary between camera models, and sometimes even between firmware versions. Check http://www.tequnique.com/acthelp for details.
+++ Example use cases +++
- Change action camera settings without having to worry about privacy or deal with automatic sharing features found in stock action camera apps.
- Control multiple action cameras.
- Script custom camera scenarios for instance for exposure bracketing (e.g. for HDR), focus stacking, surveillance, time-lapse, repeating tasks, etc.
+++ Live preview with Hero 4 and 5 cameras +++
If you cannot see the live preview then make sure that the macOS firewall does not block the UDP port 8554 (details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642).
+++ Disclaimer +++
- We are not affiliated with GoPro, Ricoh, Xiaomi/Yi cooperation.
- The app uses GPS to set the GPS coordinates for cameras which support this (e.g. Ricoh Theta).