Learn the craft of audio mastering and its concepts and theory with this course.
Trainer Joe Albano is back with an advanced look at mastering in our popular Audio Concepts series. See how pro audio engineers master their tracks "in-the-box" in this in-depth, high-level audio engineering course.
Mastering is a craft that combines art with advanced engineering skills and there is no one better to teach you the concepts, techniques and strategies of mastering than pro audio engineer and renowned instructor Joe Albano. In this advanced Audio Concepts course, you are carefully guided through the mastering process as every detail is covered in an example-filled, step-by-step fashion.
This course assumes that you have a pretty solid audio background and that you have a clear understanding of the tools that are used in the mastering chain. (You can easily acquire those prerequisites by watching the other courses in our Audio Concepts series!) Then, with that knowledge in hand, Joe explains how to apply it to ensure that your tracks get that highly-polished, bright, loud and clear sound.
So if mastering has been in your educational sights, sit back, watch, listen and learn this amazing skill from one of the best instructors on the planet.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
Table of Contents:
1. Mixing vs Mastering (06:04)
2. Vinyl to Digital (05:39)
3. Sample Rate vs. Bit Resolution (07:06)
4. Plug-Ins & Applications (03:32)
5. Pre-Mastering (06:47)
6. Setup & Organization (04:34)
7. Using Reference Tracks (06:35)
8. Basic EQ, Comp & Limiting (05:07)
9. Standard, "Character" & Linear-Phase EQ (04:46)
10. EQ in Use (08:59)
11. Matching EQ (04:36)
12. Single-Band vs Multi-Band Compression (06:39)
13. Multi-Band Compression Basics (05:41)
14. Multi-Band Compression Applications (08:21)
15. Brickwall Limiting Basics (04:51)
16. Average vs Peak Levels (07:55)
17. Limiting In Use (08:21)
18. Inter-Sample Peaks (06:31)
19. M/S Processing (07:51)
20. Final Checks (05:42)
21. Dithering (03:00)
22. Bouncing & File Formats (04:49)
23. Wrap-Up (01:18)