eMedia Intermediate Piano and Keyboard Method is a comprehensive musical experience! It teaches you to improve your playing, gain control of the keyboard, and develop your musicianship. You’ll learn to play pieces by famous composers in a broad range of musical styles, from Baroque to the present. You will also develop your musical creativity by learning how to improvise. Vadim Ghin, M.A., who has taught at the renowned Juilliard School of Music, guides you with video demonstrations of techniques and practical advice that will elevate your playing to a new standard. Alongside conventional scales, chord progressions, and finger techniques, you will learn the blues form, scales, and patterns needed to create your own improvisations and songs.
• Animated Keyboard - displays correct fingerings as the music plays or for any note or chord that you double-click.
• Audio Tracks - features multi-track live recordings, colorful MIDI accompaniments and MIDI tracks that allow you to slow down or speed up the music.
• Reviews and Ear Training
• Full-screen lessons and videos.
Over 150 Step-by-Step Lessons offering a comprehensive curriculum that will teach the intermediate piano player the skills needed to take their playing to the next level. Beginning with intervals and expanded hand positions, the lessons progress through building dexterity, advanced rhythms and transitions, interpretive expression marks and voicing, and, finally, to blues improvisation based on the blues and the piano in Ensemble.
Over 50 songs with a focus on blues, classics, conventional scales, chord progressions, improvisation, and other techniques necessary for mastering the piano:
• Beethoven (“Ecossaise”)
• Liszt (“Hungarian Rhapsody”)
• Tchaikovsky (“Swan Lake”)
• Dukas (“The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”)
• Chopin (Ballade No. 4)
• W. C. Handy (“St. Louis Blues”)
• Irving Berlin (“The Schoolhouse Blues”)
• Rachmaninoff (Third Piano Concerto)
• Mozart (Twenty-First Piano Concerto)
• “Jelly Roll” Morton (“Jelly Roll Blues”)
• and many more!