LispPad is a simple, lightweight, integrated development environment for developing and running Scheme code. The language supported by LispPad is based on the R7RS standard of the Scheme programming language. LispPad provides the following components:
• A fully integrated Scheme interpreter
• A console with a read-eval-print loop to interact with the interpreter
• A text editor for writing Scheme code, supporting syntax highlighting, smart indentation, parenthesis matching, page guides, etc.
The Scheme dialect supported by LispPad provides the following features:
• R7RS-compliant libraries
• Hygienic macros based on syntax-rules
• First-class environments
• call/cc, dynamic-wind and exceptions
• Dynamically-scoped parameters
• Multiple return values
• Delayed execution via promises and streams
• Support for the full numerical tower consisting of arbitrary size integers, rationals, real numbers, and inexact complex numbers.
• Unicode strings and characters
• Vectors and bytevectors
• Text and binary ports
• R7RS-compliant records
• R6RS-compliant hashtables
• R6RS-compliant enumerations
• All R7RS libraries
LispPad focuses on simplicity and ease of use. A number of standard Scheme libraries are built into LispPad to facilitate porting existing Scheme code.