As long as plugSHIELD is running, no one can plug and copy anything from your Mac.
Remember how in the movie Iron Man, Stark's girlfriend managed to steal all of the bad guy's data with a flash drive? You may not be up to villainous deeds, but you probably still want your files safe and secure from any potential thieves.
While activated, plugSHIELD will shut down any plug & mount attempts from USB, firewire, memory card and other ports. Your mac will refuse to accept portable devices plugged into it, be it a USB flash drive, an SD card, or a firewire removable hard disk.
Also, as a bonus, you may give your iPod or other device a real quite power charge without iTunes pop out. The device will be power charged only and can be freely plugged or unplugged at anytime.
With the selectable options of beep, alert and file logging, you may use plugSHIELD on either personal or public computers for any kind of legal usage, and as plugSHIELD can record information on the suspicious device and report it back to you, so you can track the thief down.
Attention: (feed back to user's review), please just disable the app's dock icon from setting to make plugSHIELD can NOT be simply FORCE QUIT either.
- refuse plug & mount attempt from flash drive and movable disk;
- protect against unwanted intrusions using mobile storage devices on your mac;
- protects your secrets and privacy;
- refuse with switchable beep sound and pop out alert dialog;
- switchable log option write any attempt to log file, focus your intruder;
- app's quit was password protected;
- dock icon can be hidden;
v1.10 -> v1.22
- add option to logo detailed Intruder information
- make alert panel refresh rapidly
- minor memory leak fixed
- dragonBTV panel updated
v1.22 -> v1.30
add option according to user's feedback
- add option to bypass password resetting during app's start
- option added: user notification broadcast upon each detected plug attempt
- more beautiful round corner interface
- more by dragonBTV updated
- bug fixed: misprint on dialog
- bug fixed: auto switch input focus during password checking
- bug fixed: recovery partition was reported during auto start
v1.30 -> v1.50
- fully re-coded Sandbox ARC version for macOS Sierra 10.12
- updated to macOS Sierra 10.12 and still compatible to OS10.10 and above
- interface changed to pop-up alert
- all deprecated function are replaced
- all file operation are changed to Sandbox compatible
- app menu, status menu and dock menu rearranged
- icon modified
- change color of all popup alerts into white
- detailed app version displaying & logging
- detailed dock icon tip alert
- detailed log saving folder confirmation
- force quit is protected with password
- option added: Password Resetting
- user password is saved in OS's keychain for maximum protection
- tips for "Auto open at login" added
- More apps by dragonBTV is simplified by displaying in App Store directly
v1.50 -> v1.52
- menu rearranged
- performance improvements for macOS 10.13 High Sierra