ATTENTION: DOES NOT SUPPORT macOS SIERRA.
Quick Shortcuts lets you discover and use one of the hidden productivity boosters of your Mac: The keyboard shortcuts.
Simple key combinations replace countless mouse clicks, letting you perform frequent tasks and handy functions in no time.
Top Shortcuts, First Aid, Special Characters and the essential apps can be accessed right from the applications sidebar. The live search shows key commands while you type.
Quick Shortcuts helps you find the most useful key combinations for your daily Mac tasks: managing files, using apps and working with text. All commands, from Clipboard to Screenshot, can are easily found and beautifully illustrated. Shortcuts, you find particularly useful, can be saved to your "favorites" with a single click.
All shortcuts have been carefully researched, tested and commented by our experienced Apple savvy author Hans Dorsch, author of many books on Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apps.
Quick Shortcuts main categories make discovering fun:
- Top Shortcuts: the most interesting and useful shortcuts for your productivity
- First Aid: essential commands for quitting unruly apps and solving frequent computer problems
- Startup: commands for mastering startup problems and managing system tools like BootCamp
- Special Characters: over 100 characters, that are hard to find on the keyboard. With explanations on how to use. For coders, typographers and everybody
- Keyboards: Find your way around Apples keyboards with visual explanations
Shortcuts for the most used Mac applications are accessible in the sidebar:
- Apps and OS X: Shortcuts, that work in most Mac apps
- Finder: copy files, navigate in folders without touching the mouse
- iWork: get the most out of Apples office apps with shortcuts for Pages, Numbers and Keynote
- iPhoto: manage, show and edit photos with ease
- Preview: view, edit and comment pictures and pdf files
- iCal: browse through your calendar and to do lists more quickly and add entries in no time
- Address Book: Zip through Apples clever contact database
- Mail: receive, create and manage emails with key commands
- Safari: key commands make Apples Web browser surf faster and use
- iTunes: play and manage media on your Mac
Many keyboard shortcuts are standardized and can be used in all applications on the mac: learn once, use everywhere.
If you have questions or technical problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org