Stellaluna is the heartwarming tale of a lost young fruit bat whose world is literally turned upside down when she is adopted by a family of birds, and finally finds her way safely home to her mother and friends. This Living Books interactive adaptation by Wanderful Books of the award-winning book “Stellaluna” by Janell Cannon is an invaluable tool in sharing universal themes of upbringing, isolation, acceptance, and friendship with young learners.
• More than a dozen animated surprises are waiting to be discovered on each page.
• Words are highlighted as they are read aloud.
• Even small children can find their way around, or use the "Read to Me" mode where no navigation is necessary.
• A special quiz section has all sorts of fun, fact-filled questions, answered by Stellaluna herself - with three levels of difficulty to choose from.
• Tips for parents included to help you get the most out of this interactive storybook.
• A FREE 46 page Stellaluna Classroom Activities guide is included. The Classroom Activities for Stellaluna have been created to help develop connections between this interactive storybook and the ongoing activities in your classroom. You will find there the activity plans, reproducibles, extensions, a thematic unit, annotated bibliography, and additional teaching resources, as well as technical, practical, and curricular support. Activities are grouped by grade level and include language arts, reading, writing, math, science, and more. In addition, the activities align strongly with the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics. The PDF guide is easy to export and print, or your can view it inside our app.
An easy toggle is provided to switch between English and Portuguese.