This app consolidates many calculations or conversions which I use in Environmental Graphic Design (Experiential Graphic Design) into an easy to get to resource on the menu bar.
I developed this app mainly for myself for when I need a quick calculation. After several years I've added new features and have decided to share it with others who may find them as useful as I have.
The features answer a few common questions as well as automate some how to's:
– What percent should I scale my drawing to go from this architectural scale to that?
– What is the percent to go from this dimension to that dimension?
– If I size this dimension to "X" percent, what will the final dimension be?
– Add, subtract, multiply, or divide these dimensions.
– Convert measurements to other units from feet/inches to decimal and vise versa.
– Calculate the cap height of a font in points or feet/inches at a specific scale.
– Where appropriate, metric units are included.
It also has a couple of other tools:
– A standard calculator.
– A Reverse Polish Notation calculator.
– A simple Notepad to jot down quick snippets of text.
– A faction to decimal table; decimal inches and millimeters.
There are 6 dots on the top of the panel. Click those dots to access different panels. The last dot is the about panel and gives access to the help document as well.
NOTE: This app is only available in english. If there is enough interest, I can add other languages in a future version.
This is Version 5.1 and the first version I release to the public. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.