iRest, for the sake of your eyes!
iRest is an intelligent app that gives your eyes the rest they desperately need.
iRest will predict (not based on time, but by your mouse and keyboard behavior) the correct time to give your eyes a 10-second rest with a semi-transparent animation and crystal clear sound effects.
iRest is a MUST HAVE app if you are in front of your Mac more than 4 hours daily, have dry eye or other eye problems, or if you just want to save your vision!
Other apps use a time-based system to place the rest sessions, which is inaccurate, ineffective, and bothersome. However, the intelligent formula in iRest is related to user's behavior, so it's much more accurate. Therefore, your eyes rests only as needed.
- intelligent engine uses a special prediction method based on user's mouse movement and keystroke behavior;
- 10 seconds interruption would not affect your work or enjoyment, and you can easily block iRest while playing video games;
- iRest will never pop out while you are watching movies;
- the animation's transparency and color can be adjusted;
- the sensitivity of the intelligent engine can be adjusted;
- life time free upgrades;
v1.08 -> v1.10
- minimum transparency lower from 20% to 5%
- add technical support menu item
- one minor bug fixed
v1.10 -> v1.23
- partly rewrite code, better efficiency of intelligent engine
- add dock menu for easy use
- add "upgrade" submenu
- add "feature request" menu
- add "upgrade to iRestReminder" menu
- add "more by dragonBTV" menu
- add "upgrade to iRestReminder" button
v1.23 -> v1.30
- Sandboxed OS 10.6 - OS 10.8 compatible version
- rewrite all deprecated codes
- Sandbox compatible email technical support
- Sandbox compatible feature request support
- Sandbox compatible "more by dragonBTV" menu and panel
v1.30 -> v1.50
- fully re-coded Sandbox ARC version for macOS Sierra 10.12
- updated to macOS Sierra 10.12 and still compatible to OS10.7 and above
- interface adjusted
- app menu rearranged
- color of icon changed
- change color of all popup alerts into white
- tip added for auto open at login (auto start)
- user preset of sound effect file can be reloaded under Sandbox
- More Apps by dragonBTV is simplified by displaying in App Store directly
v1.50 -> v1.52
- tip for "Auto open at login" modified
- app size dramatically reduced
- menu rearranged
- performance improvements for macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Tips for Sound Effects:
You may locate tons of Apple iLife and GarageBand sound effects in your Mac; please look for them in this folder: "/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/" or simply search "CAF" loop files or search for "music".