An elegant, lightweight “Now Playing” utility and controller for iTunes that fits perfectly next to your Dock, displaying album artwork, track details, and compact player controls.
We love Apple’s macOS design aesthetics, but it’s time to make use of that wasted space on each side of The Dock!
• Designed for the magnificent Retina displays of iMacs and iMac Pros, but also adjusts to smaller MacBook screens
• Resizes automatically along with the size and position of your Dock
• Minimalist interface remains visible at all times while iTunes is running, yet it’s much less irritating than the default iTunes notifications
• Option to display song title, artist, or album name in menu bar in addition to the unique Dockside display
• Option to run quietly in background and turn on or off automatically when iTunes is launched or closed
Note: Dockside works with Apple Music and will display track details and album artwork for songs that have been added to your library — even if the music files have not been downloaded to your computer! However, album artwork is not available while streaming tracks that have not yet been added to your collection.
Many more features are already in beta and will be included in free updates in the near future, including Spotify support, more appearance options, broader album cover support for Apple Music, and some nifty surprises!
There are no shortage of “Now Playing” apps for MacOS, but we think you will find this one to be more refined and more fun. Enjoy your music!